Final Fantasy XIV: Heavensward and Stormblood
In this episode:
- Last week, we talked about just how awesome FFXIV was in general, trying to get you to give it a shot if you haven’t. This week, we dive deep into the two expansions that have been released over the years and how they affected our enjoyment of the game (it was all positive), and how we experienced the content.
- Both of us came in at the very end of a previous expansion and played through the patch content and into the new stuff that was being released. Only, we did it for different content. Void played straight through 2.0-3.0, and I went through 3.0 into 4.0. The fun part is how that it made us have different overall perspectives of the quality of that content. Good times.
- We talk about the characters who die that we love, the characters who didn’t die that we want to, and the characters who really make the game worth playing for us. This is, after all, a Final Fantasy game first and an MMO second.
- Warriors of Darkness? More like “Give me MORE-iors of Darkness, am I right?” #hahahapuntastic
- One thing we didn’t mention in the previous cast was just how this being a subscription MMO impacts our playstyles. We generally don’t do sub MMOs, and this one locked us in for 90 days each, at least. But for very different reasons. We don’t necessarily want this to be a F2P game because the content is set up so that we can sub and unsub and still feel compelled to come back later when they’re is additional stuff to enjoy having been patched in.
- Beej plays more Final Fantasy games on his phone and makes progress on the Mistborn books.
- Void picked up Splatoon 2 for the Nintendo Switch and spent some time with the Destiny 2 Beta.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
- audibletrial.com/geektogeekcast – Golden Son by Pierce Brown
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM