Personal Retro Gaming
In this episode:
- We don’t tend to be big retro gamers, but that doesn’t mean we don’t have tons of fond memories tied to retro games.
- Our personal experience with games from our childhood and adolescence are considered retro games, which is kind of hard to deal with. But we do. For you folks.
- We discuss some of the first experiences we have with gaming, some of the best experiences of our lives and how they shaped us into the responsible(?) adults we are, and how some games are better relegated to the past instead of being revisited.
- Initially, we expected this to be a super short topic, but as you can guess, the discussion went places that we didn’t expect, and we ended up going to some pretty cool places regarding retro games (such as why don’t Sega games hold up as well as Nintendo ones? Why can you buy a Sega collection and console at a yard sale for a quarter, but can’t even find a NES Classic for $500 these days?) Cool stuff like that.
- Beej got unstuck in FFV, started Assassin’s Creed 2, tried Mighty Number 9, sampled Doomfist (DOOOOOOOOOOOOMFIST), and returned to Game of Thrones.
- Void read a bunch of things including the new FFV Boss Fight Book, the Battlefront II Star Wares prequel novel, and starting book 3 of the Bobiverse. He also played The Sexy Brutale, more FFV, more Splatoon 2, and even gave Stranger Things another shot.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM