Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2
In this episode:
- We are talking about Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol 2! We do pretty deep into spoilers this time around–as usual–so be sure to listen for the spoiler alert so you can catch up after you’ve seen the movie.
- Overall, we liked the movie, and we differ on whether we think it’s better or worse than the first one. The non-spoilery take-away is that it’s exactly what you’d expect out of a GOTG sequel. And we think that’s awesome.
- We discuss characters, narrative, and how things tie together. We discuss the inclusion of Baby Groot and just how delightful he is (not a spoiler–you learn this 2 minutes in). The filmmaking is clever, and the cinematography is used in fun ways.
- We also have a few things we think could have been done better, but those are in the minority.
- So with that, download the episode, tell your friends, toss us a review, and then join the discussion about Guardians of the Galaxy, Vol. 2 on our /r/geektogeekcast subreddit!
- Beej watches depressing TV, gets back into World of Warcraft, and confuses Void with shoe terms!
- Void retreads space, contemplates JRPG jobs, and hunts robot dinosaurs!
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
- audibletrial.com/geektogeekcast – Dark Matter by Blake Crouch
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM