Reading State of Mind
In this episode:
- We update each other on reading, audio books, when and how we’re reading, and basically everything that goes with it.
- While both of us are heavy readers, our patterns and habits work out really different. For instance, Void loves audiobooks and ebooks to sync so he can suit his situation, and Beej keeps his audio and written text separate.
- The idea of branching out of our comfort zones comes up, with us both being engrossed in sci-fi and fantasy, but feeling the need to branch out because much of the fiction we read feels very “samey.”
- Non-fiction is drawing our attention, but for different reasons and with different media.
- We discuss tools to get through both podcasts and audiobooks faster, and what the most comforting parts of being a reader are to us.
- In general, we just discuss our love of books and reading and why we are where we are. We think you guys will be able to join in on this, too, because that’s a big part of our community.
- Beej is still watching Crazy Ex Girlfriend, started the Punisher, finished Lock-In, is trying Disgaea, and is sheepish about cake for some reason. He should just embrace cake as a fact of life. Cake is important. What’s the point of life if you’re not going to live it?
- Void played Minit, went back to playing Assassin’s Creed Origins, and has some thoughts about the Solo trailer. He also blatantly owns the fact that he enjoys eating pizza, cake, and Reese’s. He’s not afraid to live a little. Junk food is good, embrace it.
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM