Re-watching, Re-reading, Re-playing
In this episode:
- This week we explore when and why we choose to re-experience pieces of media. We may actually do this differently than a lot of people, so we wanted to talk about it and see what makes something worth going back to.
- For Void, he has a problem with wanting to experience new things. He’s an introvert, so going out and roaming isn’t necessarily his thing, but with games, movies, tv, and books, he can really get a feel for so many things that aren’t available around him.
- Beej feels close to the same, but comes at it from a more existential place: he can’t get through everything he wants to before he dies, so he wants to get as much in as he possibly can before then.
- We talk about the different ways we approach retreads as well. Void will use media to specifically direct his mood so that he can sit in a particular mindset, while Beej uses them cathartically and instead of sitting it in them like Void and becoming contemplative about them, he comes out the other side feeling refreshed and relaxed.
- There are a lot of reasons to really go back to different pieces of media, and these mentioned in the notes are only scratching the surface of the discussion. Let us know what makes something worth revisiting for you, too!
Support the Podcast
- BJ is deep into WoW again with Battle for Azeroth, he got a new keyboard, and watched the Teen Titans Go movie.
- Void is got back into Band of Brothers, watched Deadpool 2, played some more Dead Cells, tried the Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo, and spent a bunch of time with Octopath Traveler.
Geek to Geek Community
Geek to Geek Podcast Network Shows:
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you.
Music by CarboHydroM