In this episode:
- We got asked on Twitter where the best place to begin with RPGs would be. Between Western RPGs like Skyrim and the jRPG genre like Final Fantasy, we thought this would make a great topic for a cast.
- Starting RPGs can be intimidating because they’re typically dozens of hours long, with lots of mechanics and intricate battle and progression systems.
- We wanted to break it down so that you knew there are easily accessible options out there if you want to give the genre a try. Like Final Fantasy X and Dragon Quest XIII. We even talk about how Pokemon (specifically Let’s Go! Eevee is a great starting point for everyone).
- We don’t really cover action RPGs in this (Kingdom Hearts, Zelda, etc.) because we feel as though they deserve an episode all on their own. However, Kingdom Hearts is a great place to start, as is Breath of the Wild.
- If you’ve never tried an RPG before and want to just get into the genre without worrying about a lot of baggage, give Skyrim a shot. It’s on almost every platform, is totally affordable, and really brought (Western) RPGs to the masses. You will probably drop hundreds of hours in like most of us do.
- And if you have any questions, feel free to ask on Twitter, Discord, or Slack.
Real Nice Thank You!
Real Nice Thank You: LYLE! You’re awesome! Keep on being that way! We
Support the Podcast on Patreon
You can go to https://patreon.com/geektogeekcast to support the podcast, and you can get some cool stuff, too. You can be a Patron Saint of Geekery and get some neato Reddit flair.
We are always looking to add new tiers for patrons, so if there’s something you would like to see, let us know!
Join Our Community!
- Discord: discord.geektogeekmedia.com
- Slack: slack.geektogeekmedia.com
- Reddit: reddit.com/r/geektogeekcast
Geek to Geek Podcast Network
- Geek to Geek
- Geek Fitness
- Tea Time with Katie and Chelsea
- Austin’s “Dragon Quest” Quest
Music by CarboHydroM