[iframe style=”border:none” src=”//html5-player.libsyn.com/embed/episode/id/7806320/height/300/width//thumbnail/yes/render-playlist/no/theme/standard/tdest_id/766236″ height=”300″ width=”” scrolling=”no” allowfullscreen webkitallowfullscreen mozallowfullscreen oallowfullscreen msallowfullscreen]
In this episode:
- Void and Beej catch up on things that need to be said before the end of the year. The end of the year is hectic for everyone, and we have a lot of stuff that needs to be talked about before Season 4 of the podcast rolls out.
- Beej’s stuff:
- BJ ate a really good sandwich… like… really good. Holy moly.
- The Dragon Prince
- Frame-rate thing is interesting.
- Rayla’s Scottish accent seemed so fake, but the actress is Scottish
- Reminds me of Ni No Kuni 2 because it’s a pseudo-lighthearted fantasy
- Season 2 was greenlit. Yay!
- New Symmetra. Again, holy moly. So much goodness.
- Legends of Aria – https://www.legendsofaria.com
- Formerly Shards Online
- Early Access right now
- Pretty much is old-school UO.
- 30 bucks for the initial buy-in.
- Steam in January.
- Fully supports player mods and servers
- Ralph Breaks the Internet
- Not quite as good as the first one. But still really fun.
- The Disney princesses were by far the highlight
- Marvelous Mrs. Maisel Season 2
- Just a good show, ya know?
- Void’s stuff:
- Persona 5 art book! So stylish!
- Off to be the Wizard
- Is this LitRPG? I don’t know where that line is drawn exactly.
- The premise of the book is that someone finds a file that controls all the variables in the world and uses it to essentially become a wizard (with the use of computer skills). It’s essentially a geek power fantasy.
- The Coming Storm (Audible Original) about Weather Data
- Government data that’s been collected but never really been uploaded to the cloud
- Communication and psychology problems of weather warnings and alerts
- Starlink Battle for Atlas
- It’s like Starfox, No Man’s Sky, and an Ubisoft open world game had a baby
- Hand-crafted solar system
- Fun exploring
- Combat is surprisingly fun because you get to mix and match weapons on the fly
- There’s an actual story
- This is also a pretty good Starfox game (Beej agrees. It’s a great Starfox game.)
- Minecraft story mode on Netflix
- Choose your own adventure on Netflix. Pretty neat.
- RDR2 Online
- Seems like a much better fit for the world they’ve created
- There’s also still so much riding around between interesting things. Longing for more fast travel options
- Co-op story missions are fun
- Some of the competitive playlists are fun
- I bet this would be great with a regular group of friends if you can schedule that into your life
- Hitman 2
- More of the same in a really good way!
- Plus, if you own season 1 you get all those maps for free in the season 2 engine with the new items and elements
- New maps! Some are awesome I love the intricate systems. It’s a mix of puzzles, logic, learning, mastery of a level, and execution. It’s everything I loved about Hitman Season 1 but even more.
- This is probably one of my favorite games of all time (replacing Hitman Season 1) since it has all of season 1 in it for me. Or you can buy the season 1 content to add it to Hitman 2 for like $20.
- Spider-Man Turf Wars DLC
- It’s about Yuri and Hammerhead and the escalating mafia family gang war
- I miss Black Cat but she’ll probably show up again in the last DLC I’m guessing
- Not as strong as the first chapter of this 3 part DLC but I’m still glad I got it and I’m excited for the third one
Geeky Offer of the Week (or Support the Podcast!)
Join Our Community!
- Didn’t you get enough with all that stuff up there?
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at firstname.lastname@example.org or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek to Geek Podcast Network
Music by CarboHydroM