Microtransactions In Full Priced Games
In this episode:
- We talk about microtransactions in full-priced games and slip into a little bit of F2P talk, too.
- Which microtransactions work for us and which ones just make us angry?
- Discussion ranges from Overwatch and its loot boxes to Battlefront 2 and its loot boxes. Both are similar systems, but we aren’t sold on one of them.
- DLC and microtransactions and expansion content are increasingly becoming blurred together, and we talk about just what that means for the future of the industry, as well as our interest in continuing with games beyond their initial content.
- Also, Beej just doesn’t really get FPS games. #shrug
- Beej is still obsessed with all things Brandon Sanderson and is prepping for Oathbreaker.
- Void tried the Star Wars Battlefront 2 Beta and beat Golf Story. He still thinks Golf Story is a great game!
Be sure to subscribe to the Geek to Geek Podcast your favorite podcast app, drop a review so we know how we’re doing, and feel free contact us via email at email@example.com or @geektogeekcast on Twitter with any comments, questions, or suggestions for the show. Thanks for listening, and we can’t wait to hear from you!
Geek Offer of the Week:
Geek to Geek Podcast Network:
Music by CarboHydroM