Keep an eye on this space for more thoughts later, but check the press release below for details on the new physical release of Overboard and 80 Days for the Nintendo Switch!
inkle’s 80 Days & Overboard! now available for Nintendo Switch™ at Amazon and other retailers
Travel around the world and get away with murder in two award-winning narrative adventures bundled together in a boxed edition
Stuttgart, Germany – 28 October 2022: ININ Games is proud to announce the release of narrative game studio inkle’s two most-beloved titles, 80 Days and Overboard!, in one bundled boxed edition for Nintendo Switch™.
Both games are award-winning narrative adventures. In 80 Days, a steampunk reimagining of Jules Verne, players assume the role of Phileas Fogg’s valet, Passepartout, on a round-the-world journey with a hefty wager at stake. Meanwhile, the “reverse whodunnit” Overboard! takes place at the end of a journey, giving you just eight hours to find a way off a cruise ship after committing murder!
The launch trailer for 80 Days & Overboard! can be watched here.
ININ Games is happy to honor these next-generation interactive adventures with a well-deserved boxed edition for Nintendo Switch™, now available at Amazon and other retailers worldwide (a retailer list can be found at iningames.com). In addition, a Special Limited Edition is available for pre-order at Games Rocket and will start shipping in early November. The Limited Edition includes both games on one Nintendo Switch™ cartridge, as well as exclusive goodies from the two adventures:
- Collector’s edition box and full-color game manual
- Complete 80 Days and Overboard! soundtrack on CD, featuring original music by composer Lawrence Chapman
- Reversible double-sided A3 poster and a set of four postcards featuring key art from both games
- Two 80 Days souvenirs: Phileas Fogg’s comb and a European train timetable
Two Overboard! souvenirs: A ticket for the ill-fated voyage on the SS Hook and a set of playing cards pilfered from the ship’s lounge
In this steampunk retelling of Jules Verne’s Around the World in 80 Days, players set out on a journey to circumnavigate the globe. Playing as Passepartout, long-suffering valet to Phileas Fogg, you must set the route, manage the budget, oversee the health and well-being of your master, and get back to London before the clock runs out. The game has been critically-acclaimed and was one of the best games of 2014, according to Time Magazine!
- Visit over 170 bespoke cities on your journey around the world.
- Discover creative ways to travel – by train, airship, moving city, ice-walker, hydrofoils, and much more…
- Lose yourself in a richly imagined, diverse alternative-history steampunk world created by award-winning writers Meg Jayanth and Jon Ingold.
- Experience a unique journey with thousands of choices for endless possibilities and replayability.
- Enjoy striking Art Deco-styled visuals by Jaume Illustration.
- 80 Days is not the end – can you do it in less?
Your husband has been murdered! There’s just one problem – you killed him. Now you have eight hours to cover up your crime and get away without being caught. Frame other passengers, conceal the evidence, and figure out how to get away with it before the time runs out in this Writers' Guild and Apple Design award-winning game.
- NPCs have their own agendas and remember everything they see and hear.
- Choose every line and every action. Go where you want, when you want.
- Some characters are friendly, and some are out to get you. Who will you befriend? And who will you betray?
- You only have eight hours to escape justice, and the clock is always ticking.
- Play once for a thrill, or multiple times to uncover all the secrets and achieve the ideal ending.